Clogged Dryer Vents Are Highly Dangerous - Is Your St. Joseph, MI Home Safe?

We know life is busy and that every St. Joseph, MI homeowner has a to-do list that’s a mile long. However, if there’s one task you can’t neglect, it’s dryer vent cleaning. Forgetting to clean your dryer vent leaves your home, property, and family vulnerable to a number of serious threats.

Hazards Associated With a Clogged Dryer Vent

  • House fire. Thousands of house fires occur across the United States every year as a result of clothes dryers. As a highly-flammable substance, lint build-up is a serious fire hazard. In brief, make sure your dryer vents are cleaned regularly and completely by a professional.
  • Carbon monoxide poisoning. Many dryers emit carbon monoxide during operation. This potentially lethal gas is ventilated outside the home when the vent is clean. However, if a vent is obstructed, the gas may build up inside the home. This is especially worrisome given that carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless, so residents are unlikely to notice the buildup. Regular dryer vent maintenance helps prevent this unfortunate circumstance.
  • Mold and mildew growth. While it isn’t as scary as a fire or gas poisoning, mold is still a health concern. Mold can be a risk factor for asthma development and can cause a variety of respiratory issues. Keep your home free from mold spores with routine dryer vent cleaning.

Dryer vents are not typically thought of as dangerous aspects of a home, and they’re usually quite safe. However, proper maintenance is required to keep them from harming your St. Joseph, MI home or family.

Contact us today for excellent dryer vent cleaning and inspection services.

Angie's List Badge 2015
Angie's List Badge 2016
Angie's List Badge 2017